Monday, March 16, 2015

Rock Hounding 2015 Topaz Mountain


Year #2 of our trip to Topaz Mountain to find geodes and Topaz.  This year we took quite a crowd.  Tara, Brent and Rebecca, Lisa and Neil with Chelsea and Landon, Cody and Shannon and Tanner, and Cody's friend Brian and his family.  It was a really good time.  We did not find as big of geodes, but some really cool small ones.  Cameron literally walked around all day and gathered cool rocks and filled up a huge bucket full of broken pieces.  Every time he said "look mom, this one is so cool", then moved on to another one after gaining my approval.






The topaz was a little harder to find, and I didn't have much patience for that.  The boys like it, and persisted much longer than I did, besides it got cold and I hate freezing for no reason.



Tanner was a trooper, he had a great time with his Papa finding treasures.  Cody found this honey hole where he pulled out a whole bunch of Topaz.

1 comment: