Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Willow Tree Sadness

Well, our willow tree finally kicked the bucket during that last wind storm.  It was a sad day, we lost a TON of shade and now have a big empty spot in the middle of our grass.  It fell on the pool a bit so I was super worried, but my dad helped me get right to getting it off before he went to bed after working a graveyard shift.  It didn't hurt the pool thankfully.



We had some really hard workers helping us to take it to the dumps.  They love that kind of work, I actually think it feels a lot like play to a young boy--tools are just like toys to them.  They also found a fort that Cam is hiding in and were sad when I said it had to go.

Mom and Dad--always there to help when we need them.
Dakota and Denim were at scout camp, but helped afterward.
Owen helping Shane remove the stump a couple of days later.  Luckily it split right down the center so we were able to pull it out with the truck.

1 comment:

  1. We have a willow tree and I know it's going to do the same thing someday. I'm so glad you could get the stump out easily, those can be an enormous job.

    ReplyDelete