Tuesday, January 14, 2014

As of Late....

It has been a busy 2014 so far:  
  • The boys have started playing basketball and indoor soccer all in the same week (it always happens like that I swear).  3 games each Saturday. 
  • We have been to the dentist for Shane's 3 fillings and Dakota to get 2 more teeth pulled. Dakota totally gagged and threw up everywhere, it was sad. 
  • We found out that Dakota needed glasses and at the same time got Braxton some new ones.  He had been wearing the same prescription for 2 years, and his eyes had gotten a bit worse.  
  • Cameron lost his first tooth.  He tied a string to the tooth and the other end to a Remote Control car and zoomed it away and out came the tooth.  3 visits from the tooth fairy in 1 week, one for each boy!! 
 How does a mom keep up? (Or her checkbook?)

Twins or What?

Some funny conversations with the kids:

Cam:  Mom  i wish i had googleplex dollars
Me: There is more to life than money
Cam: But mom, then I could buy all the toys and also the things I need and I would still have one hundred dollars.

We went to get new shoes for me for work.  Braxton and Dakota saw where we were and said "sweet we needed new shoes."  I told them they think money grows on trees to which they replied, "No it doesn't, it grows in Dad's bank account"  

Crazy boys!
I also wanted to remember how sweet my Dakota is.  I sometimes feel like in the preexistence when the Lord told me I would be blessed with 3 boys that I agreed only because He agreed to send me my sweet, kind, gentle Dakota to bring the crazy down.  He is so thoughtful and just cares so much about everyone.  At church one of his Primary teachers has a disease that makes it so she has a hard time with her movements.  It was her birthday and they presidency had given her a treat.  It was on her lap, and a few minutes later Dakota came over and put it in her bag for her.  These are daily occurrences for this gentle little guy.  He needs no coaxing, he just thinks of it all on his own.  The boys got their PlayStation3 taken away because of fighting and not listening.  On Saturday night after another rough day, I found him in his bed crying.  I asked what was wrong and he said "We are never going to get the PlayStation back".  He tries so hard and I do love him so!

1 comment:

  1. I totally love that Cameron pulled his tooth out like that. Definitely gonna try that. Cute, sweet boys.

    ReplyDelete