The day before Cameron started school, I let him choose what we did. We started out the day on a bike ride, then I snuck in some zucchini grinding to put in the freezer, then we were off to Toads. He loves that place. We did outdoor mini golf, played the arcades, and he insisted that we have lunch there. It wasn't my idea of a good lunch, but it was his day right? We had a great last day together.
I can't believe I just sent my baby off to kindergarten. It is such a weird time in life. I heard someone say that we as mothers work ourselves right out of a job, and I feel just like that. I know they are still there and will be for many years to come, but it is just a strange feeling. Good, but strange.
Cameron Kindergarten Mrs. Smith
He was beyond excited, I would call him a bit crazy this morning he was so excited. I kept telling him to calm down. His teacher was in for a treat I am sure. He had to wear his Skylander shirt, which, by the way, I would never have even let my other two boys purchase. I do not like character shirts, but Cam he is spoiled I tell you. He bought two this year, almost the same, one from me and one from Grandma Julie. Who can say no to that face? We had to ride our bikes, because that is what the big boys do everyday. Now I get to ride 4 miles on my bike everyday between the two trips back and forth. Should be fun. I sure love this little guy. He is full of fire and can be quite grumpy, but he is sweet, loves to give hugs, loves to read on my lap, and can get away with most anything.
Ha! That's so funny about the character tees. I didn't think I would buy them either, but he loves them. And, wow! Enjoy this new stage.
ReplyDelete