Shane, Braxton, and I got a chance to go to Camp Fife for scouts the other day, so Cam and Dakota got to spend the day with Grandma and the cousins. They went to Barker park where we go every week after our $1 movie, but this time they discovered a tire swing and hut. They were all pretty excited to tell me about it and it sure looks like they had a good time.
Carrera, Jake, Dakota, Denim, Cameron
Dakota's machine pitch team had a chance to make it to the finals in their league. His team got 2nd place overall, he did a great job. He mostly played left field, but his favorite was catcher. He got to play catcher a few times.
Braxton went back to Rec. Ball this year. We were a little worried, but it turned out to be a good experience. He had a great coach, Todd Wheeler, who really taught the team a lot. Brax got to pitch every game and did a great job. Some games he was off, but most games he was on, and on fire!
One game Dakota got to fill in on Braxton's team. He was pretty excited and he even got a ticker (foul ball) that he was happy about. He had never hit off of a regular kid pitcher. It was a good experience. He felt pretty big.
Overall Baseball was fun. It was an eye opening experience for us having 6 ball games a week, but they really enjoyed it and it was good family time every night. We even managed to still have scouts every Tuesday night at 6 a midst the chaos. I was stressing over that one, but it all worked out in the end. Sometimes life gets so busy and all the fretting I do doesn't accomplish anything, but I surely still do fret :)






That is a lot of baseball games! I'm complaining about 3!
ReplyDelete