Well they say it is bittersweet when your released from a calling that you love, but I am afriad I have felt nothing sweet so far. I was a basket case yesterday when they released me from my 3 years in the Primary Presidency. I cried the entire sacrament, and luckily I had to leave to go to a baby blessing because I cried the whole time the kids were coming into the primary room. It did not help that my children were also very upset by it saying things like "Where will you go now?, and "I am going to miss you mom" (while crying big alligator tears). My children know no different. I have been in the Primary since Brax was in CTR4. He is now ten and I am very sad to leave. Dakota and Cam just think that is what moms do, they come to primary with us. This is the picture Dakota drew of us during sacrament. If you look close we both have big tears running down our faces. There may be smiles on our faces, but tears running down our cheeks.
I love the primary kids and am really sad to go but mostly to not have the constant association with Alisa, Bobbie, and Kim (and Angie) that I have had over the past 3 years. I have truly made friends for life and will forever be grateful for that. I am not a woman who likes change, in fact I fight it off at every corner, but change makes us grow and it also makes us wonder, which I guess is good for the soul.
Monday, October 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know what you mean about loving the sisters you serve with. If I ever get released I will miss them a lot. I can't think of a lot of other things I will miss... :) I'm sure you'll love what is next too. Sorry.
ReplyDelete