One whole decade has passed since I had my first little boy, and what a great decade it has been. Super FAST and fun, but great! Every year my heart is taken back to that day ten years ago when I was told he had to go to the ICU and then that day 12 days later when I got the phone call from Primary's that he needed emergency heart surgery and only had a 50% chance of making it through. I was devastated.
In the temple dedication this past Sunday President Packer said that on their 6th baby the Doc came out and said he was what they called in those days a "blue baby", and how he probably wasn't going to be able to keep that one. President Packer prayed with all his soul that if the Lord needed to have a life please take his instead. Seeing as that was 10 years to the day since I felt those same feelings it really hit home. I just couldn't help being so grateful for modern medicine. My "blue baby" would have never made it had he been born 20 or 30 years ago.
Anyway I was not going to dwell on this 10 years later, but after going to the dedication of the Brigham City Temple I really have been thinking about it more. I try not to be emotional about it so long later, but I guess it is just so much of what shaped me into the woman I am today, that I can not help but reflect on it every year when he has a birthday.
Braxton is a very indecisive little boy and did not really know what he wanted for his birthday, so I went with a LEGO set and some cleats for baseball. We also signed him up for an instructional league for Baseball in Ogden as one of his gifts. He has yet to decide what to do with his friends or when, indecisive I tell ya. We did get to take him boating on Saturday at Pineview, which he said was "the best day ever!", so that may have to do for now. Pictures to come.
Braxton, you are such a happy, helpful little boy and we love you so much. You have gotten very responsible as you get older and are a great leader for your brothers. You love to share and would give the shirt off your back to anyone. I finally am letting you ride your bikes to school alone this year and you take great charge of all the other kids. You've even taken Gunnar under your wing and helped him get home a couple of times. I am so proud of the boy you are growing into. Mrs. Vanmeetren, your 4th grade teacher, said she is so happy that you have the confidence to tell her when you need help or have a concern. I am too, you are a great little boy and I hope you always make the good choices like you do now!!!
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I lived closer to you. It seems like you raise really good little boys. You could teach me a few things. :)
ReplyDelete