I was sitting at the park the other day in 100 degree weather and I was watching the kids play nicely, getting along, and just being adorable, and I thought THIS is what it is all about. This is what makes life all worth it. This is why I stay home everyday doing the same stuff and loving almost every minute of it. This is why I chose to raise my children in this GREAT city of Plain City. I mean where else could I be sitting at the park, no other soul in sight and around the corner comes a horse and buggy. The kids all stopped what they were doing and waved to the nice older gentleman. I was so happy, so at peace thinking how times like this make it all worth it.
Today as I was thinking about writing this down I was looking at my friends blog who moved to Jerusalem last year and it was on "Just walking", about how we read about great stories of the pioneers all the time, but in reality they spent most of their time just walking. The goal of 1300 miles seemed insurmountable when they got 10 or 15 miles everyday, but they kept walking. (http://www.amysreallycoolfamily.blogspot.com/) --its surely worth the read :)
That is what we are all doing every day, the same things that make our lives complete in order to someday achieve our eternal goal of living back in our Heavenly home. The complete picture is so hard to see sometimes when we are walking, walking, and walking. Doing the dishes over and over, picking up the 100th toy you almost tripped over, putting the child in time out for the 5th time by 9:00 am, and on and on...But then when you sit and really reflect, where did the last ten years of marriage go? When did my boys get so big? Each day may seem to run into the next, but the years surely fly by!!!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like your 'reflections' posts, Geana. I think you have a great mommy attitude. It's funny how we get those perfect little moments every now and then to help us appreciate our families and kids. And to keep us sane. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Geana! Loved this post!
ReplyDelete