Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another pictureless, "reflections" post

I know that I am getting terrible at these, but it is 11:00 and I just want to say how much I love going to work. It is the greatest thing to look forward to getting away from the "Walking" that I have to do over and over every day and just wait on people at the restaurant for 5 hours. I ABSOLUTELY love it, it is so much of what makes Geana Geana I cant even tell you. Quite frankly 10 years later I think I am pretty dang good at it too :). I love hearing the gossip, the stories of return missionaries going out on dates, the ones who haven't left counting down, meeting complete strangers that instantly become my friends. I just love it. I even love after everyone is gone cleaning up for an hour and feeling so valuable, like I just made that mess so spic and span.

I feel so lucky that my boss lets me work one day a week and my husband can spend one evening doing what is referred to as "boys night out". Pizza from Little Ceasar's, and a red box movie just for the kids--it doesn't get any better than that! (If you know me it is a good thing it doesn't cost much or it would counteract the work right?)

I wish all you moms out there could have some Mom time like I do, it sure makes me a much happier mom that is for sure.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have it all figured out perfect so that it really is a break for you. I tried working for a little while and it just made things harder for me, just one more thing on my to do list. I am glad you still love it and that you don't have to wear the froo-froo dress anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the record, I do like Plain City...most days. I feel the same way about me going to work. Even though it is work, and I'm running my butt off for 12 hours, it's good to have just some me time away from, "what sound does the kitty make", "No Brody, don't put my shoes in your mouth." There is much to be said for keeping your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss seeing you guys around to. At least there's blogging right? =)

    Glad you get to take off from Mommy time and do something else that you love. I think everyone needs some thing that gets them away from the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. I know what you mean.. I totally love the mom day out.. Monday's is so nice.. It is like my day off, but yet I am at work. Good friends..lots of talking yet a sense of accomplishment for a good job done.. I think everyone mom needs a little time off!! Even if it is spent at work!

    ReplyDelete