I love the 4th of July. It means to me tons of family, fun, parades, exhaustion after a sleepless 3rd and a busy 4th, but all in all it is just awesome. We started out with a softball tournament on the 3rd with Shane and some of his friends. They took 3rd (out of 4 :) ) but had a good time anyway. Next came the 9:30 bike decorating that lasted to late into the night for a gal like me, but it was really fun and full of mosquitos in true Plain City style. Then the kids slept out on the trampoline falling asleep around midnight, and getting rained out around 12:15--good times. After the sirens at 6:00 we ate pancakes and headed over to the parade. There were 9 cousins all on their bikes/scooters riding together and afterward getting loaded up with candy. A side note--my mom let the boys pick out their patriotic shirts, not such a great idea, none of them went for red/white/blue, they went for basketball clothes or character clothes, I suppose we should have known better--next year she will probably just buy them and give the shirts to the kids.

After the parade came the fish scramble, which I grew up doing and absolutely love!! My boys both caught one, Braxton with his bare hands, and Dakota using the baggie as a scoop.

Braxton had to get dunked as we were leaving, and wanted to do it over and over. Little did he know he was supposed to be paying $1 each time, I guess the Silverline (drill team) girls that were over it should have told him, oh well he enjoyed himself.

They also participated in a pie eating contest that made Dakota very nervous. He did have fun after the first couple of bites, but didn't even get close to finishing before he gave up on that idea.

This is a photo of us sitting on the sidelines watching the parade. We had cousins come from SLC and spent the night and day with us and overall we had a really great day finished off with a BBQ with our great friends and some wonderfully tasty food from Smokehouse BBQ.
Aww, I miss Plain City. My family didn't go to the 4th celebation much, but I just miss my hometown. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I am glad for you that you get to live there. Maybe I'll come to the celebration one of these years.
ReplyDeleteI need to send you some of the pics I took on my camera! There's a really cute one of you decorating Dakota's bike, and I have cute group shots... By the way, why didn't you mention the YELLOW shirt you so patriotically donned that day while referrencing your children's patriotic attire?? ;~) That was such a fun day! See you Thursday at the Train Museum!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Ya, I agree with Wendi since when was yellow a fourth of July color? LOL:) Thanks so much for helping with Dalton and Gunnar during the parade, you're the best!
ReplyDelete