Saturday, March 16, 2019

February Happenings

February (and the next 5 months) was all consuming with Stake girls camp.  I spend a lot of my day looking for ideas as well as a TON of mind space and sleepless nights going over what to do and what not to do.  It is going to be the most stressful calling so far in my life, but I am learning to embrace it and see the growth that it is bringing in my life.  I have to plan and be in charge of each meeting and stand in front of everyone and act like I know what I am doing, and I am learning a lot about myself in the process.  For instance when we planned this breakfast we thought we would have a food committee to take care of the breakfast, well no such luck on that and so it fell on me.  I simplified and did muffins and fruit and it turned out lovely.  Not much stress and cheap (just my style!)

Lisa and Neil were in charge of FHE for February and we did an escape room.  It was so cool and a lot of fun to go through the clues and figure out the right scriptures to help crack the code.
My baby boy had a valentine at school.  I could not believe that the first time I had to take one of my kiddos shopping for a special valentine treat was my littlest boy.  The cute girl asked him to be her valentine and we didn't know what that meant (lame I know), so we asked around and it means you buy each other a little something special.  He was hilarious when he shopped for this cute teddy bear and chocolates.

Cam decided on a tank for his valentine box this year.  Most things the kids do at school I feel a little bad that it is possibly our last one, but Valentine boxes I can say adios to and not feel one bit sorry! They are not my thing.
This handsome dude also had his state report in February.  He did all kinds of research on New Hampshire and made this tri-fold board to display it at the school.
Just another representation of camp taking over my life.  This is the skeleton plan for what we are doing each day.  It is for around 300 teenagers and their leaders and it is for 3 nights and 4 days, but the last day is just go home day.  I tell my self every day "One thing at a time and a whole lot of prayers and you can do this thing".  It works most of the time, but sometimes I get really discouraged and wonder who wanted me for this job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment