Dakota is going to graduate in two days from 6th Grade. He is such a sweet, kind kid and I cant believe he is heading to Junior High. I hate how Junior High takes away their innocence, but I has made Braxton stronger, so I can hope for that I suppose.
Facer Family Easter Photo. It got sent to me late, so I am adding it here. Every year we add more people to this photo, and every year we all get a little bigger and more grown up. I love all of these people so much.
(Before above) Dakota got off his top braces. He is in phase 1, so he will get them on again in a year or so, but he looks so good and so grown up. He has to loose a whole lot more teeth to get on the full set, we were just widening and expanding his bite, with a bonus straightening of the top 6 teeth. After (below)
The math and science Olympiad was in May. Dakota and Stephen did the egg drop. They had 4 papers to create something for an egg to drop into. They were the big winner and both were super excited. I love watching my children do things that challenge their minds, they all have such math minds, and I love seeing it in action.
Cameron decided he is tired of making me have to turn off his light at night so he concocted this light switch mover. He pulls on it from the foot of his bed and thinks he is so awesome every night. It sure has helped me not have to go back in 10 times or else wait and wait while they get settled.
This is how my sink looks ALL.THE.TIME, covered in water bottles. They usually get left all over the kitchen or mud room and I empty them, rinse and turn them upside down to dry. It makes my heart full realizing how blessed we are to be able to play sports and improve the boys talents each and every week on the field. I love watching them play.
It was our turn to clean Great Grandma's house and Cam was up on the mopping. He loved it and we love serving Great Grandma Weston. She is such a spunky, happy woman and we are thankful to have had her around after 93 years of life.
For FHE we wrote Rex and Pam (Shane's aunt and Uncle on a mission in Michagan) letters on these cute origami dresses and shirts. We all color coordinated them and they were so fun to do. Some day when my boys are on their missions, I hope to remember these so we can send them to our missionaries.
Mother's Day 2017. Shane was and still is out of town for 2 weeks and so my sweet boys took care of the whole thing. They made me a smoothie, waffles and two bouquets of flowers from the yard. Shane bought me new bar stools before he left that I love.
Braxton came home from school one of the last few days of school with his hair in corn rolls. I couldn't believe that he let someone touch his hair for that long to put in 8 braids. Then I found out it was a girl and wasn't too surprised. The bottom one is what it looked like after from the fro. I sure love that happy smiley kid of mine.
May 17, 2017 the kids were playing outside and it started to snow/hail. They of course stayed outside and thought it was the greatest thing ever. Dakota and Owen made a giant snow ball out of the stuff that landed on the trampoline.
For the end of the year the 6th grade does something called Images of Greatness. Each kid chooses a deceased person who made an impact on our country. Dakota chose Sitting Bull and had to study about him and write a paper and a Bio Riddle about his life that rhymed. They also had to memorize their Bio Riddle to perform it. He did a great job and so did his entire class. I have really enjoyed his teacher this year. She really helps the kids see their good qualities and doesn't focus on their weaknesses. She is firm and requires a lot of effort, but understanding and kind at the same time. The perfect balance in a teacher if you ask me.
Spring Piano recital. Shane is out of town for 2 weeks and I can't believe the amount of things that have occurred the last two weeks of May. We are going non stop. 5-6 games a week, piano recitals, graduation, awards assemblies, and on and on. It is not very fun when I am missing my extra driver/partner, but we are surviving. Dakota and Cam did excellent and even played their first duet together. They killed it. It was a bit hard at first to get along at the piano but it turned out to be a great learning experience for both of them. We sure love Mrs. Lott, their teacher.
Braxton had to make a Solar Oven for his science class. He won first place because his oven got up to 140 degrees, the highest in the class. I hoped he got extra credit, but only a bag of chips. He has had quite the trunky 4th quarter this year with track and Lacrosse all quarter long he has had a hard time with his time management. He has done better since track ended, but I am not sure he can make up where he slacked. I guess that is a skill we all have to learn in life especially when we are really busy.
Lacrosse was in Logan last Saturday so we stopped at the Willow Park Zoo. It used to be $1 to enter and I thought it would be a good place to spend some time together. Turns out it is a bit bigger and more expensive then I remember, although still very inexpensive. We had a good time and the boys loved having Tara there with us. We even got to see the zookeeper feeding some of the animals. The cranes were freaking out and biting at him, it was wild. Cameron said last night, "I have been seeing Tara a lot lately and I really like it". He sure loves having her around.
Braxton is so handsome. I'll bet that girl just loves doing his hair! Jr high! Ugh, I'm dreading it. Calvin would be headed there, but they made a change this year so 6th grade stays in elementary. Thank goodness! I love that your boys always take such good care of you on Mother's Day.
ReplyDelete