Jake and Alayna invited a few families up to her parents cabin over Martin Luther King weekend. It was a ski trip and Shane and I are too cheap to ski and don't love it in our old age, but our kids love it and were so excited for us to watch them. Kiley and Tyler taught them all to ski, but we haven't ever seen them do it on the mountain. It was really fun and Shane even tried out the snowboard and I tried out one run on Britney's skis. The cabin was awesome and really big so we didn't feel so outnumbered by the 8 adult and 20 kid ratio. We all have a ton of kids these days and the Weston's even brought along a couple friends. The next day we spent outside sledding and snowshoeing, which I really loved. I love snowshoeing, it really gets my heart rate going and it is a good adventure. Shane hates, hates the cold, but this time he was outside all day and wont admit but secretly loved every minute of it.
Kara fell asleep on my lap and I loved every minute of it!! She is the best little buddy I could ask for, but she has taken a special liking to Shane lately.
Braxton and Dalton out on an adventure to climb to the top of the mountain and ski/snowboard down. We rented snowboard boots from the resort (Pebble Creek in Idaho), and Shane asked if they had any for sale and she gave us a pair that were headed out to the garbage. We think they are in great shape and are thankful to have them, but I guess they are not good enough to rent anymore.
Our snowshoeing date.
The views were amazing and breathtaking. All the trees were covered in a thick snow and the roads were piled high on both sides of a one way street, it was a winter wonderland.
No comments:
Post a Comment