This year we decided to make the deer hunt a family affair. We went up by Flaming Gorge. It was my first experience with deer hunting and it was a really fun time. Beautiful weather and great company. All 5 of us went as well as Jake and Alayna and their 4 kiddos and Dallas and Joyce, (Shane's aunt and uncle and Jake's mom and dad). We got up there early Friday since it was fall break and looked for a camp spot for what felt like forever and finally decided on one near a cow watering station which was nice because it was flat and the sage brush was worn away. There also weren't any cows around so it was nice. The boys got up early Saturday morning and Dalton shot a nice 2 point and Braxton passed on a spike. Later that night Brax got his chance as we drove up a canyon and came onto a two point with a bunch of does. He jumped out of the truck and bang--1 shot right into the heart. He is a dead eye I tell you. That was my first time seeing something shot like that and I am still unsure if I want to ever do it again. I was a little scared I guess, it gave me the willies watching it die. Shane was super excited like I have never seen him before. I was glad I was there for that. Braxton whoooped and hollered and said "take that deer". It was a new experience for Dakota, Cam and I and the boys loved it.
Braxton thinks we should hang this on our wall for our family Photo this year, I am voting for something a bit nicer and less dead stuff in the photo.
Two best buds picking pine nuts. The nuts were all over the trees. We had a great time hiking and putting a few in our pockets.
Ha ha! I'm with you- avoid dead stuff in the family photo.
ReplyDelete