The pumpkin patch was thick,thick this year. It is our big 10 year anniversary. We were really excited about this. We bought new signs thanking everyone for supporting us for 10 years and we made an alfalfa maze out of my dad's alfalfa. It was really fun and mostly enjoyed by those on the opening parties. We have a party for the family on Saturday and for friends/ward members on the Monday after. This year we decided to do a pot luck soup lunch for the family party and that was really fun. Then on Monday we did our traditional donuts and hot cocoa and decided to have my mom pass them out to control the kids from eating like 10. I bought 12 dozen and there were about 40 left, so 10 doz would have been good.
I love to take photos of our crop and my children helping and working hard on our family project. I love all the family and friends that come out every year and I love fall. It is so beautiful and fun to help people and take kids on rides every evening when we are home. A lot of corn mazes/pumpkin patches are popping up around us and I sure hope people still support the good old "Weston pumpkin patch" for years to come. We originally thought we were a bit slow because of those other places, but we are heading into a record breaking year for the boys money for their missions.
This one was a twin. One stem, two gourds. Super cool!
Gourd tunnel was chuck loaded this year.
Dakota found a pink pumpkin for our porch.
All the kiddos at the family opening party.
We played a game called guess the weight, win the pumpkin. The first day one weighed 60 lbs and the second day weighed 67. Big pumpkins.
Of course my good sport sister Kiley dressed up like the great pumpkin again this year. The kids ask about this for weeks in advance. "Is she coming this year"? They love it, and so does she.
Ha ha! I didn't know kilee did that. So cute. One of these years I'm going to make it down.
ReplyDelete