Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Years Eve and Chocolates 2015

We did our annual chocolate dipping tradition on New Year's Eve this year.  It was so much fun as usual.  Cameron made a rolo tower before putting them on the pretzels.  Braxton helped dip the cherries, Dakota helped Becky with her dipping, and Shane made toffee.  This year Alisha had sick kids so it was just Cody, Shannon, and Tanner with our family and Russ and Becky. I love this tradition we have been doing for the last few years.  Such fun memories made.

With the passing of two grandparents in December I keep thinking about what we will say at our parents funerals.  At both funerals they mostly talked about things we did as a family.  No one went into great detail about their personal hobbies, or their careers-- it was all about the times we spend together.  I am happy that my kids can someday reflect on their Pinata at Christmas and their time spent dipping Chocolates.  A lot of effort and time goes into doing things like this and sometimes it feels like a pain, but it is soooo worth it.  Every tradition my Grandma did means so much to me and I know it means a lot to my kids the traditions their grandparents do also.








1 comment: