Soccer is finally over. We have been consumed by it for the last few months. I am a terrible picture taker so I only got Braxton and only because he is not going to be on this team next year. The coach is not going to coach, so he is going back to recreation, which is OK by me. He has become quite a good player this year and we are very proud of him for all his hard work and efforts. His coach wrote him the sweetest note telling him how much he appreciates his willingness to listen and learn. I think that is a great quality he possesses. A lot of kids on his team thought they knew best, and I am happy he knows who is the boss and keeps his feelings to himself--at least for the time being.
Braxton got the Mathematics Achievement again. He was not happy about that of course, because this is the 5th year of the same award. I say when you have got it you got it right? He got his pick for 6th grade--Mr. Stevens. The young, super fun 6th grade teacher that is way into technology, just right for 12 year old kids.
Citizenship award is what Dakota got this year. He is so kind, gentle and deserving of such an award. Third grade was good to Dakota and he is off to Mrs. Talbot in 4th.
The first 2 weeks of summer this is what the boys did every day. And it was at the crack of dawn. I am happy to say that they now sleep in almost every morning and I am thankful for the time it is quiet in the mornings when I get up.
First summer BBQ, we have now replaced the Camp Chef with a Father's Day grill, but we are still enjoying some great food cooked outside by Shane.
And so it begins. Shane carefully watching over the pumpkin patch while he waters it. If you look closely you can see the furrows full of water. From now (June 1st) until the end of October we work hard to keep that thing, watered, weeded and planted. We love our pumpkin patch!! This year Shane had a new brainchild and we are building a pumpkin train to haul kids around in. It is awesome--more pictures to come.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They still do the 2$ citizenship award? That makes me happy. I'll bet you're ready to be done with competitive soccer. That seems so consuming. It was good to read your update. I think you're great!
ReplyDelete