Thursday, April 19, 2012

Work

40 dollars. How much do we value 40 dollars? A new pair of jeans, an outfit for one of the kids, school lunch for 22.8 days, monthly dinner out with our spouse. Being the cheap skate that I am, I think 40 dollars is a TON of money. Enough that out I don't just throw it away, set it aside, or blow it off. Well last night a table of 5 people left me a $40 tip! I was in shock (that is $8 per person!). Am I worth $40 for serving one table. A table of kind, easy going, people to say the least. They weren't even there for a whole hour. Am I worth $40 an hour for bringing them drinks, food, napkins, straws? 30 seconds before I gave him his bill, I asked my best bud at work "Who goes out on a Wednesday night and blows 90 to feed 5 people?"

You can imagine what crossed my mind when his bill went from 90 to 130 in a matter of seconds, but all that I can say it Thank you Kind Sir---You made my day!!! I may never see you again, but I want you to know the kindness did not go unnoticed (and I am left wondering, was that man a millionaire?).

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute Geana. I am sure were charming. John and I always talk about how someday we want to have enough money to do things like that. Someday. :)

    ReplyDelete