I love the patch and everything it is. I love the work we get to put into it every year teaching our boys the power of hard labor. I love the time we spend getting things ready and planning. I love all the people we meet and the joy on the children's faces when they run out in the backyard.
This year at the opening day party, Chloe told her dad when Shane turned off the movie that "Now the pumpkin lady comes through the patch". He had no idea what she was saying because he had not been here, but statements just like that are why we do this. I love that kids remember what they did last year and look forward to coming next year. They have expectations and I love trying to living up to them.
Mostly I love having some money for the boys missions. If you add up doing this from the time Brax was 4 until he leaves at 19, I hope to have a lot of savings for their missions and that it will mean an extra lot to them, because they worked all their lives for just one goal, a goal that will change their lives. It will make them better fathers, and men and I hope they appreciate what the pumpkin patch did to help them get there.


Every year when we go buy our pumpkins I think about you. And I always consider driving to plain city to buy them. I think it is SO GREAT that you do this with your boys. I am sure that it brings all the benefits you hope for.
ReplyDelete