For me the highlight of our trip was the Beach. I cant even begin to describe the pure childlike joy that the boys felt for hours on end. They laughed and giggled and screamed when the waves came up. They built sand castles and buried each other--Shane up to his neck. I just sat and watched as they enjoyed every second, soaked up every sun ray and played like there was no tomorrow. I knew that Shane feels like this every time he gets to go to the beach, but to see the boys feel the same way was an awesome experience for a mother.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
California #4
We went to two different beaches while in California. Seal Beach and Huntington Beach. Seal Beach was a little chilly and we wore our jackets a lot of the time, but had fun waves to body board on. Shane and Braxton did this for hours and I even got out there and tried at Seal Beach. The second day at the beach was Huntington, it was sunnier and warmer, but the waves kept swallowing Braxton. He was very frustrated and decided digging in the sand was better and easier. Dakota discovered a million bugs in the sand which Cameron named "criggers", we called them that all day. He loves to make up words! They were actually sand crabs according to Google. They collected hundreds of them in a bucket.







For me the highlight of our trip was the Beach. I cant even begin to describe the pure childlike joy that the boys felt for hours on end. They laughed and giggled and screamed when the waves came up. They built sand castles and buried each other--Shane up to his neck. I just sat and watched as they enjoyed every second, soaked up every sun ray and played like there was no tomorrow. I knew that Shane feels like this every time he gets to go to the beach, but to see the boys feel the same way was an awesome experience for a mother.



For me the highlight of our trip was the Beach. I cant even begin to describe the pure childlike joy that the boys felt for hours on end. They laughed and giggled and screamed when the waves came up. They built sand castles and buried each other--Shane up to his neck. I just sat and watched as they enjoyed every second, soaked up every sun ray and played like there was no tomorrow. I knew that Shane feels like this every time he gets to go to the beach, but to see the boys feel the same way was an awesome experience for a mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment