Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reflection

Lets just say the last couple of day have been rough at our house. I think if you could see me at 7:50 the last two nights you could see steam coming out of my ears. My children's collective ability to make good choices that are for the good of the whole family have gone OUT THE WINDOW! I am going absolutely crazy with the lack of self control being shown around here. Anyway that is not the reason for the post, it is in fact directly opposite. I am going to document three things that make me happy:

1- Primary: I love to go each week and see the children's faces light up when they see me. When they have a lost tooth, or a birthday, or they brought their scriptures, they are so proud and love to make sure I am aware and will compliment them or tell them how cool they are. I love it! It makes me feel so good. Sometimes the little girls will have a really cute hairdo and they will come over and just stand by me so that I will notice and say something. Isn't that how we all feel, were just conditioned to not say anything, but they are so pure so full of truth that they will just point it out and hope for a response. I love children!

2-Yesterday my Cameron who is obsessed with everything electronic-DS's, Wii, computer, and on and on, actually asked me if I would play monster trucks with him. Not after asking for the other electronics 50 times, but first thing in the morning and it continued with games, more trucks, books, and all the things little 3 year old boys should be doing.

3-Going to lunch/dinner. I love to just sit around a table with my mom and sisters, or with my husband and children, or with my friends, and shoot the bull while eating a fabulous meal (especially if it is Mexican food :). It is a great diversion from the normal daily routines and I love it. I do not love fast food, however, but anything else will do. I also love to scrapbook with friends and do essentially the same thing.

Wow, it feels really good to be happy instead of steaming ears, here's to a happier today.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea on how to deal with frustrations. And I agree, I love it when Calvin actually is asking to do something that doesn't involve a screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to recognize and focus on the good, even while feeling frustrated. You are an amazing mother and an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete