Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cancun #3

Every vacation that we go on my favorite part is the relaxing. We chilled out on the beach, drank pinas, and got a massage. I loved going on long walks checking out the resort and even talked the whole group into doing a bike tour around the resort that I thought was awesome.

It is amazing to go from being a mom thinking about others all day, picking up after many munchkins every day, to someone who relaxes and thinks only of what to do for entertainment that day. I think that is why vacations are such a necessity in life, they help us keep our sanity, because some days sanity feels so far away. I got out of bed when I wanted after getting a full, uninterrupted nights sleep. I did stretching on the beach in the morning to get going, then after that it was a day full of fun, my favorite kind of food, and my favorite man by my side. We were able to reconnect and remember why we fell in love in the first place. He is fun, full of spunk and fire, and quite handsome if you ask me.

Shane gets out of bed at 6:00 every morning to go outside and medal detect the beaches for treasures and watch the sun rise, he spends countless hours in the water discovering a whole new world under the water, he could drink 10 pinas a day if he was rich, he says funny things over and over like "I don't know about you guys but I am starving", and every night he loves to take a long stroll along the beach to enjoy the sound of the waves and soak in the joys of being so close to the place he loves the most--the ocean.


One to many pinas (just bad timing really, but it looks good!)


Massages right on the beach and they felt soooo good.

On the bike tour there were alligators and flamingos to stop and see.


Stretching with Alayna
Shane's head was getting FRIED so he sat with this shirt on his head most of the day.
A self-photo with a portion of the biggest pool I've ever seen.

One day after the morning beach run Shane and Cody took this picture of me sleeping.



More pool shots

This is what the room looked like, I noticed after I uploaded this that Jake is crashed out in the bed. He spent a lot of time sleeping, it was quite the joke of the trip, he never sleeps at home, but in Cancun he discovered the joys of a good sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Geana! No more Cancun posts! You are making me so jealous! Do you know how nice shorts and swimming sound right now?

    ReplyDelete