So I was out in the yard working and watching my children help me and quite enjoying my evening, when I had this thought "I wonder if my children understand how lucky they are to be born into this family?" I just cant help but think how lucky we are to have the gospel of Jesus Christ, Live in America--the greatest country where we can make our own choices, and the abundance we have been blessed with. My children have food every day, all three meals and many times in between. They have a house over their heads, parents who love them, spend time with them, and love them some more. They have so much just like I had when I was a kid, and then I had another thought "I wonder if I have ever realized how lucky (blessed) I am to be born into the family I have?" I had many of the same things that my children have, I NEVER wanted for food, clothes, or anything else. And I was ALWAYS given lots and lots of love.
Can we truly ask for anything else?
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have thought the same thing before. Looking forward to the BBQ!
ReplyDeleteNever! Life can be so hard and difficult sometimes and I for one love to through myself a pity party now and then, but really life is good and I am truly blessed everyday with the simple things that I take for granted.
ReplyDeleteWell said. Thanks for posting that.
ReplyDeleteLoved that.
ReplyDelete