The weekend after memorial day we had a wild hair to head south and visit St. George (other wise known as St Georgia at our house). We left Thursday and came back Monday. It was hot hot hot, but we didn't care because we spend most of the time in the water. We spent the day at Snow canyon hiking and playing on the petrified sand dunes, spent another day at Sand Hollow
Reservoir playing in the water and with the sand and getting fried by the sun, and the third day we spent at the hotel pool and going to a movie "How to Train your Dragon" and visiting the Temple and Brigham Young Home. We swam every day and besides eating that is all the kids even cared about. They thought we didn't even have fun if we didn't swim. It was funny, I remember being just like that when I was a kid. What a beautiful place that Shane and I haven't visited for about 8 years. It has grown so much and is really loaded with fun things to do!

If you look close you see us in the bottom!

Sand Hollow
Reservoir
Burying
Braxton in the sand. Dakota wore those
floaties the whole time even though the water was about 6 inches deep where they stayed.

We visited a really cool dinosaur place where they are digging for dinosaur tracks.

Snow Canyon, up in a hollow of the rocks.

Can you believe he is that strong?

Family Photo in the arches cut out by the wind.


All three boys hiked the whole time, Cam wouldn't even get in the pack, I just carried it for fun :)
The ride home was TORTURE! I can't even believe how annoying three boys can be for 5 straight hours. I am telling you I felt like a
caged rat that
couldn't escape the noise, arguing, and screaming. No one slept at all, they were too hyper. It was crazy and we were glad to say it was over and very glad to say it was only 5 hours and not a trip to California! Even when we got home they were hyper, so it was off to bed early for some much needed peace and quiet!
What a fun family outing!
ReplyDeleteUtah is gorgeous isn't it? The picture of the boys in the mud is great...who needs a spa??
ReplyDeleteFamily trips really are so fun but I tell ya, you look at them in a whole different light when you are the parent (trapped in a car). They will thank us when they are older.
Oh man Geana, I feel the same way after a day at home with my boys, and when we're in the car it's only multiplied by 100! A caged rat was an excellent metaphor! But the pics always make everything look happy and wonderful and that's all the kids will remember anyway:)so it's what I try desperately hard to focus on too. Love your blog. Miss you.
ReplyDelete