Braxton and Dakota got the opportunity to go skiing with Kiley and Tyler once again this year. Braxton looks forward to this as soon as the first snow flies. He asks them when is the day everytime he sees them. This year he even had his own skiis that were handed down from his cousin. Kiley said that they did a great job on the bunny hill and even went up the lift a couple of times.

Braxton is also playing Basketball this winter which he is getting better at every game. The first game was hillarious to say the least. They would run with the ball and double dribble (really like 4 times), I laughed my head off. I actually think Braxton almost cried he was so frustrated with not knowing the rules. Well, now he is doing much better and even made a basket this week. He makes tons of great passes and takes it down from the other end quite nicely.He had his parent teacher conferences this week also. He is doing soooo good. It is like things are starting to click in his head. He loves math and is becoming quite the reader. I am so proud of him, he is even doing more work, less messing around which after last year I thought would never happen.
Dakota is finishing up his last year of preschool and getting ready for his shots/dental visit in order to start Kindergarten. He is writing his name (mostly all caps, but we are working on that) and recognizing more letters every day. He is very into playing the Wii right now and asks many many times a day to play it. Finally I think we have made a compromise that he can play it while Cameron naps, and the asking is finally not as often.
Cameron is in full two year old mode. Saying the same thing over and over, and throwing a fit if he doesn't get exactly what he wants. I know it is the age, but it can drive a sane lady crazy :) When he is not acting his age he is sweet and loving and loves to read books. He asks many times a day if I can read him a book and is now starting to ask when he can play with his friends.

Cameron is in full two year old mode. Saying the same thing over and over, and throwing a fit if he doesn't get exactly what he wants. I know it is the age, but it can drive a sane lady crazy :) When he is not acting his age he is sweet and loving and loves to read books. He asks many times a day if I can read him a book and is now starting to ask when he can play with his friends.
Shane celebrated his 33rd Birthday last week and we were lucky enough to go to the Jazz Game to celebrate. Tara slept over at our house so the boys could get to bed on time, and Shane and I had a great night out. He is currently obsessing over our heating, which is a constant winter bother to him, and is seriously considering changing the entire thing. He has also been enjoying a little ice fishing this winter.
I am up to the same Mom things, cleaning, laundry, learning to cook, driving kids all around town, and Primary/Scout stuff. I have started to catch up my scrapbook once again and just finished 4th of July 2009, which I think is pretty impressive for me. That is only 1/2 a year behind instead of 2 or 3. I also enjoy playing with the boys and have even attempted to play LEGO Indiana Jones on the Wii once or twice, which for the record is NOT fun in my eyes, but they like it, and "if you can't beat them, join them" has to come into play in a house full of boys.
I loved the updates. I forgot to get you those pictures of Braxtons BBall game. Tell them I love them all.
ReplyDeleteYou scrapbook AND blog? Not me! Thanks for the updates, winter is slow for bloggers I find. I was happy to have something to read. And I do want to go to treehouse with you, what days are good for you?
ReplyDeleteI'm so with you on the LEGO Indiana Jones Wii thing. I can't even sit in the same room when they're playing... it drives me bonkers! Good for you for attempting to play. I was seriously just about to send you and email demanding that you update your blog, so thanks for beating me to it! Since we can't get together as much, I look forward to your blog to keep up with you guys because you guys are some of my most favorite people:) Love you!!
ReplyDelete