I was watching TV last night and I could hear someone talking but could not figure out if it was Cameron playing in his bed or else Braxton and Dakota in their room. Braxton and Dakota go straight to sleep every night since they have exerted much energy all day long, but this time it was them. I went into their room and they were talking and laughing. I almost told them to stop talking and get to sleep, but I was taken back to my childhood and spending hours on end talking with my sisters as we sat in bed. I think my sisters are by far one of my greatest blessings, and I was so happy to see my boys enjoying each other so much.
I proceeded to ask them what they were talking about and my heart was so full as they said, "We were just discussing all the ways to get to the North Pole: there is a sled, a plane, a car, a rocket, a horse, a cow, and maybe even a chicken, but definitely you can get there with a sled". I am so impressed everyday with the innocence of childhood, but this really hit me. They were talking about Santa the whole time and it took me their whole story to figure it out.
I hope their nighttime conversations always stay this innocent, someday I know they will be talking of girls and playground behaviors they see that I don't approve of, but for now I love that they need to discuss all the ways to get to the North Pole. :)
SO cute! Little thinkers, too. I wouldn't have thought of the chicken. :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you posted this. I dont really remember talking at night but I am glad we did. Thank you for being such a wonderful sister and example to me. love ya
ReplyDeleteLoved this!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing this! I love your boys!
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet, what darling boys!
ReplyDeleteWe have an extra bedroom now that we have moved, but we still put our boys in the same room- they wanted it that way...I really think it helps them have such a special bond.