



It was my birthday on the 29th and we decided to head down to the Living Planet Aquarium for the day. We had a really great time. I love to experience those sort of things through the kids eyes for the first time, they are always so fascinated. Shane said it was good for a Utah Aquarium, but not as good as some we've been to. just spending the day together, no yelling or fighting, was the best gift I could have been given.
Today I am feeling very warn out by this motherhood thing. When the disobeying starts at 6:30 in the morning and seems to go on endlessly, blogging seems to help remember how much fun we CAN have together while not having to obey, do chores, listen, and not hit your brother. Maybe that is why every one's blog seems like their life is perfect, because it makes us feel so much better to blog about the good things while the kids run around in the background beating each other up and we don't even care ;). That or we just want to make ourselves look like we're sane when sometimes we're not!! Enough of my soapbox for today, I am sure it is not the end my friends.
*****P.S. (I added this later) I am reading a book called "A Mother's Book of Secrets" that I got for Mother's Day, and by some strange coincidence the next two pages I read in this book were on the only person you can change is yourself and saying "whatever" more often. The change thing is so me--How can I get the fighting to change if I don't choose to change the way I react. How can I get them to listen when I know yelling doesn't work, yet I still choose to yell. So here's to more positive interactions, and saying "whatever" more often--to the small stuff anyway.
My friend said pretty much the same thing about blogging. She said that everyone keeps telling her what a fun and great mom she is and that he blog always makes them feel like bad parents, so she has to remind them that they only think that because she only blogs the funny and happy things. She doesn't get on and blog about the trantrums her kids are throwing or how she had to yell at them to get them to obey even a little bit of what she said that day. She said blogging is kind of just the "dream world." So I thougt that it was funny that you were saying how you just happily blog the good things while your kids are not quite behaving in the background- too funny! It's a good thing we are all human huh?!? But yes I agree we all need to remember to say "whatever" during the many phases in our lives. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree with your post more! I'll have to read that book...we have the same struggles at our house...I think every mom does!
ReplyDeleteI had big plans to put the bad and good stuff on my blog so that people wouldn't get the wrong idea, but it makes me feel worse if I put the bad out there for others to see. I think women would be so much happier if we were all a little more honest about how hard this thing is. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you... it does give an unrealistic view of a persons life when we only blog about the wonderful, happy times. But then again, I don't want to read everyones whining either... especially if its complaining about the weather! There's something to focusing on the positive, accepting the things we cannot change, and just living life to the fullest!
ReplyDeleteJust so you know... I totally yell at my kids and don't blog about it. It runs in the fam G. How many times did our moms and aunts yell at us? It's all good. As Jeffy reminds me sometimes "you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life!"
Love you !
Thanks for the insight of being a mother, Hopefully we will have time to prepare for that glorious day. See ya soon.
ReplyDelete