Thursday, May 21, 2009

Irrigation

Remember the days when seemingly everyone in Plain City flooded their lawn. Well we are amongst a dying breed of folks who don't have secondary water, and it brings my children nothing but pure Joy. I took pictures of Cameron's first "gator" (short for irrigation), as Braxton and Dakota like to call it, and the pictures don't even show the excitement he felt when he realized everywhere he went on the lawn was a huge puddle of water. He was so happy. Little boys love puddles!! We ran around in it for two hours before having to run off to T-ball, but I am sure they could have stayed out all night. Now for the next week, I will hear "When do we gator again?", "Can we walk the ditch with dad?". I love having a little glimpse of my childhood to share with my boys.










3 comments:

  1. I totally love that you guys still do that! When I was a kid I always wished we did that at my house, but we "city-folk" didn't do such fun things... although I do have vague memories of playing in flooded gutters after it rained, but nowadays people would have a fit if we let our kids do that because of all the filth from the streets! Those were good times though! Except for the mosqitoes! It's no wonder they say "there's good blood in Plain City!"

    We had a great time with Braxton & Dakota at the cabin by the way! See you tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember, pure happiness.

    ReplyDelete